[Lazarus] Package depencies and order of compiling when building lazarus

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Jan 7 18:53:21 CET 2012

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 15:21:08 +0100
"Ludo Brands" <ludo.brands at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have made a typelib import utility (already in fpc trunk) and a freepascal
> implementation of a visual activeX container. I've made also a package that
> adds the ActiveX container component to the component tabs and that adds an
> "Import Type Library" menu item in the Project menu. All this works fine
> except for one problem: one of the options for importing a typelib is to
> create a package with the new ActiveX component. The importer will create
> the package, prompt for a directory to store the package and then open the
> new package. I have done this with a call to PkgBoss.DoOpenPackageFile. This
> needs BasePkgManager which is in the IDE package.

No. It needs unit PackageIntf from package IDEIntf.
PackageEditingInterface.DoOpenPackageFile

> So I have added IDE as
> dependency to my package.

I knew that this package would cause trouble.
This package is only for testing IDE features - for the IDE developers.
Nothing in the ide package is supported and can change at any time.
I will add a check, so that no package can be installed that uses the
ide.lpk.

> Now, when I upgrade the compiler and rebuild
> lazarus, my package is apparently build before the IDE package and the
> compiler wants to rebuild BasePkgManager but can't find the sources. Since
> IDE is a dependency for my package, I would expect IDE to be compiled
> before. I need to uninstall my package and whatever ActiveX component I have
> installed (they depend on my package), rebuild lazarus and then re-install
> the packages again. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to do
> this?

Mattias