[Lazarus] Code templates syntax

Howard Page-Clark hdpc at talktalk.net
Tue Jan 10 15:05:29 CET 2012

On 10/1/12 1:29, Antonio Fortuny wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find a syntax description and the usage
> rules of all keywords which appear in the source code templates ?
> And those which do not appear as well ;-)
> Basically I did find the file "..\lazarus\ide\lazarus_dci_file.dci" and
> it already gives some self explanatory rules.
> My purpose is to enriche as much as possible with code snippets that I
> use very often

I would say that the Lazarus .dci file you mention is illuminating but
not definitive, since Lazarus is derivative, based on the Free Pascal
dialect. For that the most concise description of keywords etc. is the
published Language Reference Guide documentation available at e. g.
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/docs-pdf/ref.pdf

Also the language is (slowly) evolving through all the Delphi
innovations, for-in loop notation, generics etc.