[Lazarus] Lazarus on Ubuntu: Pixbuf again

Udav udav_kaa at bk.ru
Mon Jan 16 08:14:17 CET 2012

Guys, thanks for answering! I have had some rest on holidays and ready again
to fight the problems :)

Reimar Grabowski wrote

> But there is libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 and of course libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev (at
> least on oneiric but I am quite sure that it was on lucid, too)
> R.

Well, I have to admit that was partly a false panic. Just now I checked
again and to my surprise found libgdk-pixbuf2.0 in the package manager. I
guess it was Friday,13 that played this evil joke to me.
So I installed it and I got error "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgtk-x11-2.0"
when linking examples. Googled for it but found nothing useful (I alreay had
libgtk2.0 installed). By intuition I installed libgtk2.0-dev (the ) and then
finally got things working.

Mattias Gaertner wrote

> Add -dNoGdkPixBufLib to Tools / Configure Build Lazarus options.

Yeah, that worked too. My mistake was that I entered "NoGdkPixBufLib" to the
options as I thought the field is for defines only.

For the moment I'll be enjoying finally working Lazarus but then I'll try to
build it from source and then surely will come back with new issues :)