[Lazarus] Help on FCL?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Jan 21 23:56:45 CET 2012

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
>
>> The fpdoc editor can now create new fpdoc files for the fpc sources.
>> I recommend to add the path to the fpcdocs in the options.
>
> How can these files be used in future documentation?
>
> Currently they are ignored by fpdoc, unless the corresponding source files
> (--input) are given to fpdoc at the same time. This (currently) requires to
> update the Makefile, unless easier editable fpdoc projects are used to create
> the RTL and FCL documentation. I'd suggest that FPC provides such projects,
> instead of or in addition to the Makefile.

This is the plan.

The projects will be added to FPC as soon as the recent fpdoc changes have been
merged to the fixes branch and the Makefile can be adapted to use the project file.

Rationale for this wait:

The docs are not in branches, this means that the Makefile must be suitable for
FPC version 2.6.x as well. So as long as the recent fpdoc changes are not in 2.6, the
project files will not be committed.

Michael.