[Lazarus] Help on FCL?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Jan 22 11:32:16 CET 2012

Andrew Haines schrieb:

>> Actually I run into a number of problems with the CHM files. Only one
>> directory is accepted,
>
> You mean only one directory can have chm files in it?

The Options dialog only accepts one directory. It may be a restriction
of this dialog, or of the Lazarus chm viewer. Windows chm help has no
such restriction by design.

>> When I open such an file manually, the other files
>> (e.g. lcl.chm) are no more recognized by the help viewer :-(
>>

> Manually = lhelp File -> Open?

Double click in Windows Explorer ;-)

> At one point I tried to see if installing packages could make available
> context help files (F1) but was not able to fully understand how to add
> help databases. (Installing package "x.lpk" makes x.chm available.) And
> there are different types of help formats (local html files/ http / chm.
> i.e. there was/is? no straightforward (that I found) way to add that.

Here fpdoc packages can simplify your life. Then building documentation
on the target machine only requires a line in the Makefile, like
   fpdoc --project=mypkg.xml --format=$whatever --output=$wherever

For the target directory of chm files the fpdoc path in the IDE Options
can be used.

DoDi