[Lazarus] Lazarus and FPC FCL

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Jan 22 23:03:20 CET 2012

Sven Barth schrieb:
> On 21.01.2012 11:58, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>> Since some days (SVN updates) I have problems with unit IniFiles. I
>> cannot debug these problems, because the IDE seems not to find the
>> proper source files (fpc\packages\fcl-base\src\inifiles.pp), so that
>> breakpoints in this files are not honored (no dots shown).
>>
>> Where should I look for?
>>
>> BTW using Win7, Lazarus and FPC trunk
>
> Did you compile FPC with debug flags (e.g. CROSSOPT="-gl")? If you did
> just a "make all" then there won't be any debug info and then Lazarus
> can't help you there.

I tried to build and install FPC with above option, but it seems not to
help, I still cannot step into the FCL code, and breakpoints are not
honored. Must "-g" be added as well?

Then I tried to add inifiles.pp to my project, and now I can step into
this unit and set breakpoints in it :-)

BTW, the problems with rebuilding Lazarus seem to have come from a buggy
fpc.cfg, have gone away now, too :-)

DoDi