[Lazarus] RE : RE : ActiveX control demo

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Mon Jan 23 15:13:10 CET 2012

> Is there a tutorial somewhere saying what to do to import a
> COM Automation object with this new tool?

Not yet. Importtl creates a pascal unit that declares all interface exported
by a COM typelib (dll, exe, tlb or olb). The resulting unit is like a
library binding but consists of interface declarations instead of function
declarations.

I've also finished a lazarus package that integrates the tool into lazarus.
It includes an ActiveXContainer (TWinControl descendant) that allows for
visual activex components. The package also creates new ActiveX component
packages directly from the typelib. The latest patch in
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=21077 contains the last bits needed
in importtl and typelib to support this. Once that is commited I'll submit
the lazarus package to the lazarus issue tracker. Documentation will follow.

> And in general what
> to do with the result later...

That is the same as asking "what can you do with a library". The answer is:
"depends on the object". Most of the COM objects have documentation to
describe what the interfaces do.

Ludo