[Lazarus] RE : LCL and custom keyboard layouts

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Jan 28 18:38:10 CET 2012

Ludo Brands wrote:
>> I'll start digging in and see where I get to, but any suggestions-
>> particularly relating to Linux- will be welcome.
>>

> Under X11 you can modify your keyboard to your likings. 4 levels per key are
> standard using Shift and 3 lvl key (Altgr on most non-Eglish kbd but
> configurable to any key). Keys can be defined with their unicode code (Uxxxx
> format).
> A nice howto here:
> http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/Blog/custom-keyboard-in-linuxx11 .
> As usual, locations of the kbd files differ from distribution to
> distribution and even between versions.

Thanks Ludo. I'm already doing a bit of custom stuff to get A+ running
(arguably the largest free APL that still uses the original characters).
But the question remains: once inside a Lazarus app, can I hook keycodes
using a custom procedure, translate them to Unicode, and inject them
into the currently-focussed edit-capable control?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk