[Lazarus] [fpc-pascal] Poor man's resource code available and CheckRide update: now with editor

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Jan 31 03:11:52 CET 2012

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

>> I hadn't even thought about lrs honestly. Would I be able to easily edit
>> an lrs resource once it's added to an exe as well?
>
> When the lrs is changed you have to recompile.
>
> I never thought of editing exe files.

I often edited Windows EXE and DLL binaries, using the famous Borland
Resource Workshop :-)

The "offical" way of course is using RLINK to add the resources to
compiled files. It's supplied with and most probably used by the BRW.

> Antivirussoftware does not like that.

That's true, but liveable when used to configure *personalized* apps
before shipping. I've turned off any AV software on my development
system, because it only can cause trouble there.

DoDi