[Lazarus] TProcess-problem

Koenraad Lelong lazarus1 at de-brouwerij.be
Mon Jul 9 21:31:31 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm updating an application that uses Tprocess to execute an external
(DOS) application. My new version does not work any more and I don't
know how to solve this.

I created a TProcess and assinged the executable. Then I added a
parameter line. Executing that gives an error that a needed file is not
found.
To debug this, I create a batch-file from within the Lazarus-application
containing the executable and the parameter line. Executing that
batch-file from the directory where my Lazarus-app is located works, the
needed file is found.

Any suggestions to debug this ? What do I have to do to keep the dos-box
open ? Then, maybe, I can see more about the problem. Now it opens and
closes too fast, impossible to see anything. The error I can see because
I use a pipe to get the output of the dos-application.

That's under Windows, using Lazarus 0.9.30.4.

Thanks,

Koenraad Lelong.