[Lazarus] httpWebServer does not show images for some users

John Repucci john.repucci at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 17:42:27 CEST 2012

> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 09:31:44 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>
> Subject: Re: [Lazarus] httpWebServer does not show images for some
>         users
> To: Lazarus mailing list <lazarus at lists.lazarus.freepascal.org>
>

> On Fri, 6 Jul 2012, John Repucci wrote:
>
>> I've been playing around with the httpwebserver and having problems
>> getting it to display images.
>> see: http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,17296.0.html
>> for some history on this.
>>
>> I've added the project if you care to look at it.
>>
>> Neither Reinier or I see the image when we compile the app, but
>> Leledumbo does see the image.
>
> I also could see the image, but the URL I had to use is:
>
> http://localhost:8081/img/index.html
>
> The reason for this is that you have 2 modules in your application.
>
> If you do not specify a path, the webserver has no way of determining
> what module it should invoke. There is a property 'AllowDefaultModule'
> which will allow to select a default module if no module name is found.
>
> Then, if you have multiple modules, you need to tell the webserver which
> is the default module to use. You can do this by setting DefaultModuleName.
>
> So, I set up the project file by adding
>
>    Application.AllowDefaultModule:=True;
>    Application.DefaultModuleName:='img';
>
> before
>    Application.initialize;
>
> and then everything worked fine with the URL:
>
> http://localhost:8081/index.html
>
> Michael.

Michael,

After adding the above lines (thank you) and using
http://localhost:8081/index.html, I get a blank page (and nothing on
the source page).  (tested using both FF and Chrome)

The only way I am able to see the expected web page is by using:
http://localhost:8081/main/default (still no image).

When I use Application.DefaultModuleName:='main', then going to
http://localhost:8081/ I see the expected page (still no image).

re: Modules - I have two modules?  I see the Main module (
RegisterHTTPModule('Main', TMain)), but where is the 2nd module?
'img' is suppose to be the location for my image files.  (in this
case, in the same directory as the application)