[Lazarus] Lazarus helpfiles

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 17:19:59 CEST 2012

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 10 July 2012 15:07, Mark Morgan Lloyd
> <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>> That would ensure that minor changes to the Wiki, even though
>> self-consistent, couldn't screw up the Lazarus IDE...
>
> What do you mean my "screw up"? Meaning the wiki help which might
> describe the details of an IDE dialog (what I refer to as application
> help) doesn't exist any more?  I can't say I have ever heard of a case
> where this has happened.

No, I'm looking at one, very specific, case. The Lazarus IDE includes an
HTML file- I've already said which one several times. That is unarguably
part of the IDE, it is not part of the Wiki which is in effect a
separate project.

If somebody changes the headings in the Wiki page referred to by this
one file, it effectively breaks the IDE. Now I know that some people
will argue that point, but if a prospective user or- $deity help us- a
journalist can't get to help information we all know who carries the
can: it's seen as a shortcoming of the IDE, even if the change was
elsewhere.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk