[Lazarus] Building help files: the nitty-gritty

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 13:22:50 CEST 2012

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>>> Check if you have local modifications. In trunk the makefile target
>>> bigide includes lhelp.
>> Same applies.
>
> If you don't have a components/chmhelp/lhelp/lhelp after doing a "make
> bigide", then please report the bug.

I'll revisit that on a clean system as soon as I'm able.

>>> Download the chm files and put them into "yourlazarus/docs/chm/".
>> OK, so I get
>> ftp://freepascal.stack.nl/pub/fpc/dist/2.6.0/docs/doc-chm.zip and
>> unpack. The .txt file says copy the files to docs/html which I'm
>> assuming is wrong, so I end up with .chm (etc.) files in
>> /usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk/docs/chm and the Lazarus IDE picks them
>> up automatically.
>
> Yes, the paths are a little bit confusing.

I've been working through this several times with the intention of
putting Lazarus docs build (from source) plus FPC docs copy (from
binaries) into my usual build/installation scripts, but am finding that
the FPC (RTL etc.) stuff is only picked up intermittently. Is there a
cache to be cleared somewhere or something comparable?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk