[Lazarus] exception when moving mouse over editor hint windows (since a few months)

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Jul 16 14:50:38 CEST 2012

On 16/07/2012 13:40, Bernd K. wrote:
> I am experiencing annoying Exceptions in the IDE (I believe its a
> regression, I believe it started happening afer I saw some changes in
> the svn log making it possible to click a link inside the hint window).
>
> I am using GTK2, I have turbopower ipro design package installed to get
> HTML formatted hints. It does not seem to happen without that.
This feature is only in SVN trunk (1.1) the fixes branch (which should
be used) is not affected.

But yes there are problems with this. It works mostly fine on windows
(well some links can cause errors...), but under gtk, the hint windows
seem to have various problems....
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=21962 (not related to this)

and then the one you have:

> When I hover the mouse over an identifier the yellow hint window will
> pop up, inside is a clickable link to the source position, I move the
> mouse over this link and a smaller black (theme color) hint will pop up
> above the other hint and then when I quickly move the mouse away (must
> be fast enough) then this will happen:
>
>> TApplication.HandleException Access violation
>>    Stack trace:
>>    $0806EC3F  TOBJECT__INHERITSFROM,  line 529 of /home/bernd/lazsvn/fixes_2_6/rtl/inc/objpas.inc
>>    $0806E069  fpc_do_is,  line 41 of /home/bernd/lazsvn/fixes_2_6/rtl/inc/objpas.inc
>>    $082FD7CF  DELIVERMESSAGE,  line 111 of lclmessageglue.pas
>>    $082C2739  DELIVERMESSAGE,  line 3591 of ./gtk2/gtk2proc.inc
>>    $082CEF69  DELIVERMOUSEMOVEMESSAGE,  line 1336 of ./gtk2/gtk2callback.inc
>>    $082CF3E8  GTKMOTIONNOTIFY,  line 1485 of ./gtk2/gtk2callback.inc
>>    $4A147C52

Please report.