[Lazarus] Building help files: the nitty-gritty

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 15:18:25 CEST 2012

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> OK, I can extract marked text from (plaintext derived from) a .pdf, save
> entries as individual html files with a title tag in the header, and
> build a .chm. Running chmls on the .chm produces sensible output.
>
> So how do I integrate the .chm with a minimal Lazarus project to prove
> it works?

I've added a few lines to
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/chm_backend_for_fpdoc about where a
list of options that may appear in a .hhp file may be found, and an
example of a minimal .hhp and .hhc TOC file. Together, that should be
enough for anybody determined to use chmcmd tp "roll his own"
documentation from an obscure documentation format or CMS repository.

Am I correct in that there isn't yet a .chm viewer that can be
integrated with a user-written app?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk