[Lazarus] Building help files: the nitty-gritty

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 13:18:55 CEST 2012

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> What I was talking about in this message thread is "application help".
> Integrating CHM help into your own applications, giving your end-users
> context sensitive help for your product. So far I have heard that

I agree that it's a distinction that has to be made.

> integrating CHM help into your own LCL-based applications are not
> possible, and that nobody here actually seems to ship help files with
> their own applications. I guess I'm the only exception to that rule.

I think it was Reinier who yesterday said that if the socket interface
used by lhelp was published (or at least if somebody could give us a
pointer to the location of the information) it would be a big step forwards.

> The following URL is exactly what I am talking about, but as I said,
> it only describes HTML help (lots of HTML files located in a folder),
> and has limited help abilities.
>
>    http://wiki.freepascal.org/Add_Help_to_Your_Application

As I wrote yesterday, I've added a brief section to that page on
generating arbitrary .chm files.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk