[Lazarus] ChmHelpPkg: better way to show all CHMs when starting lhelp?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Jul 21 14:19:54 CEST 2012

Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Editing ChmHelpPkg to try and solve bug 22110 Help (at least CHM help)
> should open all help files to enable content/index search
>
> I want to open all .chm files in the help database when starting up
> lhelp, which allows browsing and searching through the entire
> documentation set.
>
> See modified code below.
>
> Though this seems to work (I get the RTL, FCL, LCL and reference guide
> CHMs displayed, and the proper help subject is shown), it's clunky:
> - using built-in sleep periods seems clunky. Tried removing this, but
> IIRC the reference guide then fails to load.

Presumably there's no back-channel that allows lhelp to confirm that
it's just completed a load. Can something writing via SimpleIPC check
whether the last message has been read, and would putting a dummy
message between CHM names help?

I've just checked on Linux and if I have two logins the lhelp activity
is correctly distinct. It would probably be wise if somebody checked
this on a Windows system that allows multiple logins, i.e. "Terminal
Server" or whatever the modern equivalent is.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk