[Lazarus] Building help files: the nitty-gritty

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 12:22:54 CEST 2012

On 24 July 2012 09:44, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

> And quite frankly, when looking at a fairly wide range of OSes and CPUs,
> Adobe's reader is better than the alternatives particularly when there's a
> thousand or so pages in a document (like the IBM S/390 manual I'm using to
> put myself to sleep at night).

Make no mistake, Adobe Reader does good rendering, and performs better
than other PDF readers when it comes to graphic intensive PDF's like
"Linux Format Magazine" monthly editions etc. But I must say that
Evince (Gnome default) and Okular (KDE default) has fantastic
performance, and has much faster startup times than Adobe Reader.
Evince and Okular also has no problems in opening the 1700+ page PDF
of FPC's RTL for example.

  - Graeme -