[Lazarus] How does Lazarus find SQLite?

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 13:18:02 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:52 PM, leledumbo <leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id> wrote:
>> It seems the Lazaurs uses SQLite. (For what, btw? just curious)
>
> Not at all, except if you install SQLite component.
>
>> So how does Lazarus find the SQLite library?

You are right. This sounds like a bug in the component, however --
after installation of sqllite3laz package, Lazarus itself fails to
start in there is no DLL in path.
The DLL should be loaded only when the connection is made, similar to
the other databases.

> Windows: anywhere in PATH
> *nix: /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib usually, but other places are possible (not
> really sure about all of them, it may differ one to another)

I see. Based my incorrect conclusion that Lazarus itself uses SQLite I was
hoping to guarantee its presence for the demo.
I'll just write in the demo documentation that it is required :)

--
Alexander S. Klenin