[Lazarus] Cannot connect Firebird server

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 11:49:23 CEST 2012

On 26 July 2012 09:55, Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:
> other applications and it is not as robust (imagine an interbase
> gds32.dll in an earlier path of the path overriding the fbclient.dll you
> just added to the path).

As far as I know the Firebird Setup doesn't by default create a
gds32.dll, thus it will NOT override your existing gds32.dll.  As
default it installs the fbclient.dll and gives you on _optional_
choice to also create/install a gds32.dll for older Interbase
applications.

Anyway, enough said. The original poster should be able to sort out
his system with the advice given so far.

  - Graeme -