[Lazarus] Adds Gauge component on Lazarus

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 12:26:54 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 27 July 2012 11:20, silvioprog <silvioprog at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, the components of palette "Samples" also have copyright? I don't
> saw copyright on top of the unit, then I copied it.

All units shipped with Delphi is copyrighted. It must have simply been
an oversight on their part if the gauges.pas unit doesn't have that
notice, but other units in the Samples directory does indeed have
copyright information. I'm pretty sure I also read somewhere in the
Delphi license that all code supplied by the Delphi product is
copyrighted too.

> If the Gauge has copyright, can close the issue without problems.

Mattias already declined and closed the issue. I simply wanted to
bring this to your attention - and to any future developer that are
thinking of copying Delphi code with the purpose of adding it into
Lazarus.

  - Graeme -