[Lazarus] DocEditor GUI splitter

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Jul 28 10:59:51 CEST 2012

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 11:32:18 +0300
Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Does anyone know why the vertical splitter in DocEditor's GUI does not work.

It works here. But it is placed left most, which is probably not your
intention.

> It is created correctly in TEditorPage.Create() between TPackageEditor and
> TElementEditor.

Both FPackages and FSPlitter are put at Left=0, so the primary key
for ordering of alLeft controls gives the LCL no clue. The secondary
key is to sort for last SetBounds call. Because you have some complex
controls the order of SetBounds calls is hard to find out.

Give the LCL a clue what you mean. Add
FSplitter.Left:=1;

> I tried adding more panels and made other changes but nothing helped.
> The horizontal splitters work OK.
> I tested only on Linux with GTK2 and QT bindings. I don't know if it works
> on Windows.

Mattias