[Lazarus] Building help files: the nitty-gritty

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 15:06:14 CEST 2012

I flatly refuse to get into a querulous, nitpicking quibble about who
wrote what and with what intention. But

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

>> You miss my point. The proprietary viewer is NBG on Linux running on ARM,
>
> Again, I NEVER said the Kylix Help Viewer must become the official
> Lazarus help viewer. You came up with that idea all by yourself.

I'd point out that when I wrote

"...the fact that a closed-source reader is required detracts from
Lazarus's claim to be cross-platform."

you countered with

"As for the x86 Linux only comment.... Well, tough sh*t to the Windows
and Mac users."

I really don't know where you got this "the Kylix Help Viewer must
become the official Lazarus help viewer" thing from, I've certainly
neither suggested it nor said that you've suggested it. I /have/ pointed
out that having the Kylix helpfiles is no substitute to having
Lazarus-specific ones because of the former's limited portability, which
is hardly the same thing.

I suggest that we just drop this subthread, before it gets excessively
tedious to the rest of the community. After all, we've all got things to
  get on with that are more suited to our skills, like writing code that
doesn't involve reasoned public argument :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk