[Lazarus] Playing audio files - which package do you prefer?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 19:37:54 CEST 2012

Hi,

> 2. Must be native. I mean, everything should be compiled in one
> executable.

...snip...

> Maybe it is better to use some console player like ffmpeg + TProcess?

Don't those two contradict each other? There is definitely no ffmpeg
implementation in Object Pascal, so there is no why it can be compiled
into ONE application executable with no external dependencies.

What our company uses is SDL to play all our audio. We simply need to
ship one or two DLL's (under windows) with our apps. Under Linux, most
distros include SDL as standard, so there is no extra libraries we
need to worry about. But then, I don't know how this fits into your
requirements, because as I stated, they seem to contradict each other.
 BTW: SDL is not implemented in Object Pascal either, but the SDL
library interface is defined in Free Pascal's FCL.

  - Graeme -