[Lazarus] Shared library names

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Jun 5 12:02:52 CEST 2012

When building a shared library (.dll or .so), is it possible to append a
timestamp? i.e. something like  backend_$(IsoDate)_$(IsoTime).so  for a
result like  backend_2012-06-05_09:59:30.so

What I'm trying to do is have a frontend that holds (e.g.) a database
transaction open, with a backend that can be reloaded on-the-fly without
interrupting work. However I don't want to have to close/release the
library while its replacement is moved into position, simply to send the
frontend e.g. a HUP signal at which point it loads the most recent
available (or reverts to one known to be bug-free).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk