[Lazarus] IDE problems when using record helper types

Bernd prof7bit at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 17:34:10 CEST 2012

I have found a few problems (they are all related but some symptoms
even cause the codetools to produce errors when attempting to
autocomplete, also refactor/rename will not reliably work as a result
of this. I have put together a program that declares a lot of stuff in
the type section to be able to demonstrate all kinds of possible
combinations of direct and auto-dereferenced method calls of records
and record helpers.

Attached is a demo program with comments inside that explain the
problems. When I have some more time I will also file a bug (I think
one bug should be enough, although the problem shows itself with
multiple different symptoms?)

Bernd