[Lazarus] newbie questions

Torsten Bonde Christiansen tc at epidata.info
Fri Jun 1 13:38:01 CEST 2012

On 2012-06-01 13:19, Marco Ciampa wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 12:28:40PM +0200, Dave Coventry wrote:
>> Hi Marco,
>>
>> Lazarus is still pretty close to Delhi and I still use the help files
>> that came with my Delphi 3 installation for reference.
>
> Too bad. So for Lazarus use I have to study (and buy!) Delphi first...
> very strange situation for a free software. I understand why it is so
> but ... maybe a free documentation project could rightly fit here...
This is not entirely true! Embacardo (who owns the Delphi brand now)
have placed
the entire API documentation on their website here:

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/en/Main_Page

And as I have understood the Lazarus project, a major aim is to be Dephi
compatible as
much as possible (I this goes for FreePascal as well). So most of this
documentation
should fit the general need.

I personally use the online API documentation for RTL, FCL and LCL which
can be
found here:

http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/

Kind regards,