[Lazarus] Issuing debug commands from the ide.

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Jun 1 23:17:55 CEST 2012

On 01/06/2012 22:08, Benito van der Zander wrote:

>> And running arbitrary commands is not special, there are other things
>> that upset gdb, just as well.
>>
>> function TEST: integer;
>> begin
>> while true do ;
>> end;
>>
>> Evaluate TEST() and the debugging is broken, until you call "reset
>> debugger".
> Omg, it's much worse.
>
> That loop continues to run within gdb, and doesn't stop, if you call
> "reset debugger".
>
> In fact, it doesn't even stop, if you close Lazarus.
>
> Now my laptop has been running at 100°C for 3 hours, I hope it hasn't
> been damaged...

A few mails ago you were advertising to add even more pitfalls, that
could have all side effects. And about the fact that things can happen
you said: "You said that, but I have never seen it happen. "
Well now you have seen it happen.

btw trailing quotes, with no further reply to it, are a form of
over-quoting. I hope it hasn't damaged my network cable
SCNR