[Lazarus] DefaultExt and Filter priority.

Zaher Dirkey parmaja at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 18:18:02 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 12:20:48 +0300
> Zaher Dirkey <parmaja at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Mattias Gaertner <
> > nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> and

> > > sort
> come
> > > not
> > >
> > > How does the user of your application know the default
> > > extension?
> > >
> > > Mattias
> > >

> > For example, my project is an editor for multitype files, PAS, LFM, SQL
> > now the default is PAS and it is the first extension, not problem
> > the user open SQL file, now he make SaveAs and type new name without
> > extension, here the dialog return it as PAS extension.
>
> On "save as" of a SQL file I would expect that the selected filter
> is the filter for SQL files.
> In that case TFileDialog adds ".sql".
> If the user selects a different filter, say .txt, then TFileDialog
> adds ".txt".
> AFAIK MS Office and Open Office do it the same.

Thanks, I understand now, i fixed it by change the order of filter.

The real problem happened when we have same filter like in Lazarus  (*.pas,
*.pp, *.inc) and if we set the DefaultExt to .pp it will return .pas as the
first filter extension, but i think Lazarus fix it manual, for me i changed
the order depend on the current file opened, i moved the extension to the
first.

Best Regards
Zaher Dirkey