[Lazarus] PascalMagick MagickCommandGenesis

Esmond Bridgeman esmondbridge at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 09:44:08 CEST 2012

I was wanting to use the binaries directly instead of the imageMagick
"convert.exe" command-line program to run something like this:

convert -define jpeg:size=500x500 -thumbnail "75x75>" -unsharp 0x.5 -strip
-quality 80 "in.jpg" "out.jpg"

I guess I could do this with magick wand functions but the magick command
line programs do clever things like only partially decoding jpegs if only a
small thumbnail is needed and intelligently choosing resampling algorithms
depending on how much an image is resized.

There's a new 'MagickImageCommand' function (mentioned here:
http://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20527#p82046)
which seems to be what I need.

Where can I find a good tutorial or tips on translating C headers?
(probably an unhill struggle as I've minimal C experience)

Thanks