[Lazarus] Debugger type and path

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Jun 21 13:31:18 CEST 2012

On 21/06/2012 11:19, Kjow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my opinion "Debugger type and path" should be under Project
> Options" and not under "IDE Options" (where it is now).
>
> I need to develop and debug my project in both X86 and X86_64 cpu
> target, so everytime I need to switch between gbd for X86 and for
> X86_64 (in "IDE Options").
>
> What do you think about it?

Actually, probably  both. Keep the global setting and allow the project
to override it. same for the list of ignored exceptions...

It's just a question of finding the time to implement it.

IMHO just creating a duplicate of the setting, will do the trick BUT
might easily lead to mis-configuration.  Config must be very easy to
check, so if people run into trouble (and enough people do) then a few
questions by mail should be enough to check it.

So  maybe best would be (open for other ideas), if both global option
dialog  and project option dialog  would allow to see both settingsi
(similar to the editor color options, where you have toolbuttons to
toggle global-scheme and language setting)