[Lazarus] Some questions on Unicode wiki page

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jun 22 13:57:32 CEST 2012

On 06/22/2012 01:17 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> Yes, but in practice the only place that I know that uses everything
> in decomposed unicode is the Mac OS X filesystem. So for dealing with
> Mac OS X filenames we need special care and for the rest just suppose
> composed mode (but remembering that some chars have no composed mode!).

Anyway it might be helpful to note this in the wiki page at
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/LCL_Unicode_Support#Searching_a_substring.

The text "For searching in a substring they do work perfectly" might
cause misunderstanding on that behalf. (Of course it technically does
work fine, but the ambiguity of Unicode itself introduces potential
problems).

-Michael