[Lazarus] Some questions on Unicode wiki page

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Jun 23 11:30:28 CEST 2012

Reinier Olislagers wrote:

> Hearing about this reinforces my opinion that patches that work on
> everything except Win9x should be applied and that people wanting to
> support Win9x should commit workarounds themselves if available....
> (Looking at you, bug 21659)

I've hassled people on a couple of occasions about things that don't
work in elderly OSes (I've still got a few NT4 systems), but in general
I agree.

Elsewhere, somebody's pointed out http://kernelex.sourceforge.net/ which
is a compatibility layer that updates/implements windows '98 APIs to the
extent that it's supposed to be able to run recent copies of Mozilla
etc.  I've not tried it, there's some depths I'm reluctant to plumb :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk