[Lazarus] Project management

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 00:45:02 CET 2012

2012/2/29 Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl>

> Usually they are driven by a foundation and/or core team. Much like FPC
> nowadays, with occasional alliances with commercial parties that sponsor a
> certain development.
>
> There are not many alternative routes.

I was hoping something more concrete and detailed, like ideas for helping
new potential contributors to get a softer landing. That was the original
idea of this thread.

Rich Saunders proposed "SMEs", people to intermediate between core
developers and users. It may be a good idea, I only wonder how would it be
organized in practical day-to-day life.

Many issues discussed here could be solved by improving documentation.
Especially there should be a page listing tasks suitable for new people.
However that does not change the management anyhow, it only helps people
find those things easier.

So, what does the management mean in practice? Should Lazarus be managed
differently from how it is managed now?

Juha