[Lazarus] Strange message "Can not initialize interface sqlite" in Android

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 08:45:43 CEST 2012

Hello,

In a project using sqlite in Android the following happens at startup:

> D/dalvikvm(31719): GC_CONCURRENT freed 6K, 52% free 2617K/5379K, external
> 4687K/5853K, paused 7ms+3ms
> I/lclapp  (31719): TApplication.HandleException Can not initialize interface
> sqlite from library "libsqlite3.so"
> I/lclapp  (31719):   Stack trace:
> I/lclapp  (31719):   $414149B8
> I/lclapp  (31719): WARNING: TLCLComponent.Destroy with LCLRefCount>0. Hint:
> Maybe the component is processing an event?

Again I searched *.* everywhere that I could think of
(lazarus/components/sqlite, fpc4android/rtl, fpc4android/packages) but
I can't find any string which reads "Can not initialize interface" ...
any ideas?

Also, the sqlite interface has ifdefs which seam to allow it to do
either dynamic or static loading of the sqlite so, so in which cases
either one is activated? Is it always static linking for linux? But if
it was static, I would not expect an exception at all, so it seams to
be dynamic linking, although dynamic requires a define which is not
defined in code (maybe it is defined in the makefiles?)

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho