[Lazarus] Missing Documentation

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 1 14:28:04 CET 2012

Vincent Snijders schrieb:
> Op 1 maart 2012 08:12 heeft Graeme Geldenhuys
> <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>> On 1 March 2012 02:22, Hans-Peter Diettrich  wrote:
>>> The results are very strange. Entering "documentation" finds almost all
>>> pages, because these have this keyword in the headline and navigation menu.
>>
>> It even finds result pages where the entered word doesn't appear
>> _anywhere_ in the wiki page. Not the header, not the navigation, not
>> the body. See my example about "freebsd" and the tiOPF result page.
>>
>> The wiki is utterly useless and broken!! If you don't know the
>> directly link to what you are looking for, chances are you will never
>> find it.
>
> I guess you mean: I cannot use the wiki. Or: the index page doesn't
> work like a search page. Or: the textbox on the index page doesn't
> work like I expect.
>
> In that case, you should not use the wiki, but it is not broken.

Either case indicates the lack of a description, required to use an
existing feature. This is one more example of the different viewpoints
of implementors and users. When an implementor *believes* that no
documentation is required, he may be the only one who ever uses his
great invention.

> If you type in freebsd, it shows a page with all pages whose name
> start with freebsd

No such pages exist, all names start with a capital letter.

> or are later in the alphabetically, case sensitive
> sorted index of pages.

What is "are later"? All pages starting with 'g'..'z'?

> It doesn't say anything about the contents of
> the page, just about its name.

This finally makes some sense.

DoDi