[Lazarus] Project management

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Mar 5 11:26:39 CET 2012

On 03/01/2012 04:25 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Please tell us *which* documentation tools you tried already, and
> *why* you found them unusable.

(Not really wanting to enlarge the discussion even more, but as I have
been directly asked: )

Being sure that IDE help only makes sense to me when it is usable
offline and can search across all "issues" (e.g. if doing F1 in some
word, a decent text should be provided, may the word be a keyword of the
language, of the RTL or of the LCL, many months ago I asked about this
in the mailing list. While I only recently learned that the CHM help in
fact is supposed to support this, as well, at that time, only Graeme
answered that DocView is the tool I need, and thus I concentrated on
that and tried to generate all the necessary *.inf files from the svn
content. I failed in spite of Graeme's hard trying to guide me.

Thus gave up, as I thought I would be unable to review any change I
would locally do in the svn based help source files. Only very recently
I learned that FPDoc is supposed to be so tightly integrated in the
Lazarus IDE, that local changes made FPDoc should immediately (without
any "compiling") be activated and be reviewable using the IDE. OTOH not
all parts ("issues")  of the docs seems to be the target of FPDoc.

Right now, DoDi seems to do a great job enhancing FPDoc regarding To-Do
annotation and make it more usable.

So I obviously did only some testing, evaluating and provided just
suggestion (that might sometimes sound like complains).

This obviously qualifies me as a troll and so please ignore me.

Thanks,
-Michael