[Lazarus] Adding packages at build time

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 12:08:35 CET 2012

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:26:13 +0000
> Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>> Sorry, I missed the earlier messages.
>>
>> I've just compiled 0.9.30.4rc, and I no longer see a problem. However
>> until comparatively recently if you got Lazarus using  svn co  (etc.)
>> and then did a  make bigide  with default settings, the first project
>> you built also recompiled a whole lot of underlying libraries.
>
> It recompiles if you added custom options in the Configure build
> Lazarus dialog.

Until recently an IDE built with  make bigide  recompiled at least some
packages when told to build the first project. This was irrespective of
whether I was patching in e.g. lazsvnpkg.

> If you have the default settings the 0.9.31 IDE should only recompile
> the IDE and the packages that are not in bigide, aka your additional
> installed packages. If you found a different behavior please report the
> bug.

It's apparently been fixed, but I'll keep an eye on it.

>> Many thanks to whoever fixed this. However once aware of the issue I
>> didn't consider it to be a particularly big deal, more serious is any
>> requirement to rebuild the IDE "from inside" since on tight systems this
>> obviously depletes the resources available for the compiler and- in
>> particular- linker.

>>> If you want to build the IDE with packages use
>>> lazbuild --build-ide=
>> What do you mean- like
>>
>> lazbuild --build-ide=lazsvnpkg
>>
>> as an alternative to  make all  ? In that case what's the basic package
>> list corresponding to bigide?
>
> No.
> There is currently no command line tool to change the list of install
> packages. lazbuild takes the list from the same place as the IDE -
> your config directory.
> The parameter --build-ide takes additional compiler options. Like
> debugger settings, verbosity, checks or defines. To compile an IDE with
> your current list of installed packages use
>
> lazbuild --build-ide=

OK. So going back to my original query: if I want to add something like
lazsvnpkg for the initial build I've got to patch it in myself.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk