[Lazarus] Multiple installations of Lazarus

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 7 17:15:58 CET 2012

Am 07.03.2012 16:48, schrieb Richard Mace:
> 2012/3/7 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
> <mailto:nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>>
>
>     __
>

>     Richard Mace <richard.mace at gmail.com
>     <mailto:richard.mace at gmail.com>> hat am 7. März 2012 um 16:03
>     geschrieben:
>
>         Hi All,
>         Is it possible to have more than one installation of Lazarus, in
>         multiple directories?
>         I am effectively thinking of having as follows:
>
>         c:\lazarus (this will be the latest stable release)
>         c:\lazarus-svn (this will be the latest svn update)
>
>         Is it simply ok to have the above, or is there registry issues
>         to worry about?
>
>     Lazarus does not use the registry, it uses a directory where it
>     stores its config files. This is called the "primary config path".
>
>     When you start the IDE pass as command line parameter --pcp=. For
>     example
>
>     lazarus.exe --pcp=C:\lazarus-svn\config
>

> A further question Mattias, if I just run the individual lazarus.exe
> file in it's corresponding directory, I presume that would also be fine.
> Although, I appreciate that I would have 2 completely seperate sets of
> settings.

Without any parameters the settings are saved in %APPDATA%, so any
Lazarus would use/overwrite the settings of the other Lazarus. You MUST
pass the pcp parameter to all installations if you want different
configurations (Note: You can leave out the parameter for one
installation which will then use the default location).

Regards,
Sven