[Lazarus] problem with a dbf file

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 09:37:45 CET 2012


On 10-3-2012 8:43, Richard Mace wrote:
> 
> 2012/3/9 Ing. H├ęctor F. Fiandor Rosario <hfiandor at infomed.sld.cu
> <mailto:hfiandor at infomed.sld.cu>>

>     first, i have tried to execute de application. The application work,
>     but not read the .dbf file with some data. It work like the first
>     time, without history, as empty table.
> 
> 
> So, are you saying that this works on your development machine, but not
> on the users machine?
>  
> 
>      
>     Then, I have closed the application, and open the Windows explores,
>     in the folder with the .dbf file.
>      
>     I have observed that it appears, exists, with some kb, not empty.
>      
>     The icom that appears looks to be an Excel file icom.
> 
> 
> I think this is a red herring and not important, as this is only
> relevant if you are wanting to double click on the file, although, I
> might not be correct in saying that.
I agree with Richard: the file association determines what happens when
you double click the item in Windows explorer - it should have nothing
to do with how your program works.

I'd try and get the dbf from the user's computer if possible and analyze
that. If that is not possible, I'd add logging output to your program
(e.g. in a debug build mode) and ask the client to send you the log.
I'm sure others will have additional ideas...

Just for your information: note that there are some bugs open for the
.dbf code and the dbf code is currently unmaintained. You might want to
consider alternatives such as sqlite or Firebird embedded.

Regards,
Reinier




More information about the Lazarus mailing list