[Lazarus] lazbuild build IDE profiles

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri Mar 16 03:25:48 CET 2012

On 3/14/2012 19:14, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> lazbuild can now compile an IDE with its build profiles.

YAY! i think ;) if i'm understanding the correctly, it stems from our
conversation(s) recently about compiling laz from the command line and being
able to use the same settings as those set in the "tools -> compile laz with X" ???

> To compile the IDE with its standard profile use
> lazbuild --build-ide=

which one is the "standard" profile?

> To compile the IDE with another profile use
> lazbuild --build-ide= --build-mode=profile2

so, do we use double quotes for profile names containing spaces?

   eg: lazbuild --build-ide --build-mode="Debug IDE"

is this also case sensitive or is

  eg: lazbuild --build-ide --build-mode="debug ide"

the same as above?

> The --build-ide=<options>  are now added to options, instead of
> replacing them.

i'm assuming that this refers to the build options in the GUI screen?

something else: how can i find the svn revision number of the code being used so
as to be able to copy the resulting lazarus.exe to something like
lazarus_debug-r57345.exe (from memory) so that they are grouped and sorted properly?

something else^2: it would be very beneficial to have the fpc revision number
available as well... especially in the laz splash critter and the laz help/about
critter ;)