[Lazarus] Issue #0020655: Ability to set environment variable at IDE launch

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 22:56:01 CET 2012

On 15/03/12 23:36, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:26:00 +0200
> patspiper<patspiper at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>>   The compiler path of the IDE has already a history drop down list.
>>>
>> I'll stick for the time being to the script as it eliminates the need to
>> set anything in the IDE options.
> A script requires a restart of the IDE.
That's true. If only the fpc executable history dropdown list in the IDE
options allowed items to be deleted by pressing the delete key (like in
Firefox edit boxes), I would have gone with the option of changing the
fpc version using that. Going through the config files to delete
undesired entries is a little cumbersome, especially if you fiddle a lot
with different installations.

>>> Yes, it's a todo to implement run parameters for the compiler (and the
>>> other external tools).
>>>
>> Great! Once implemented, the script would be reduced to:
>> export LIBOVERLAY_SCROLLBAR=0
> This needs fixing.
I sure hope it is fixed as it is very annoying not to have functional
scrollbars especially in the resulting applications.
>> [...]
>>> When you use macros, you only need one pcp and then you can use the
>>> default.
>>>
>> I already use one config file (which is the pcp). What default are you
>> referring to?
> The default pcp is ~/.lazarus
> If you only need one pcp, why not use the default location?
I always leave it in case I ever do an install from the Ubuntu
repository. My regular Lazarus is from trunk.

Stephano