[Lazarus] Dockable IDE

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Mar 17 21:29:07 CET 2012

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 17:40:58 +0100
Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
>
> > I'm currently trying to fix some 0.99 bugs. I hope to find some time for
> > docking too. But it is a complex topic, has a big risk of breaking
> > things and needs a lot of time.
>
> I'd like to assist, if you give me some clues. I think that you know
> that, so I wonder why you want to do everything yourself?

Maybe you can help.
I would start with the annoying focus problems. For example when
closing a source editor file, the cursor is not shown. This happens
under linux/gtk2 and carbon. I fixed it some time ago for qt.
Another one is when a lpk is opened under linux/gtk2 the
package editor window is behind the source editor, but the pe is
focused. You have to focus the se and then the pe to bring the pe to
top. Sometimes this happens with the search results too. My guess
is the bug is in the IDE code.

Then I would implement some theming for the anchordocking headers.
And finish the options for hiding the headers.
Then fix the page restore bug.
Then saving/restoring the bounds of the floating windows
(anchordocking).
Then find a way to handle the tricky main ide bar. But that is
really complex.

There are more issues, but I guess if the above points are done,
docking would work well enough for a release.

Mattias