[Lazarus] Dockable IDE

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Mar 18 04:11:18 CET 2012

Paul Ishenin schrieb:
> 18.03.12 1:02, Hans-Peter Diettrich написал:
>> Please explain?
>>
>> What's "Delphi like docking", and in how far is it different from the
>> EasyDockManager implementation?
>
> At least the implementation of lazdocktree and easydockmanager is
> different.

These are only different implementations of the same (TDockManager)
interface. I found LDockTree unusable, failing already on slightly
nested layouts. It also lacks layout streaming, required in applications
like the IDE. Dunno about the current state, though...

I'm still waiting for a justification of:

Dodi has implemented an own vision of docking while delphi like docking
still works.
<<
I never implemented anything Delphi-incompatible, in contrast to anchor
docking.

DoDi