[Lazarus] Grouping radio buttons

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Mon Mar 19 18:14:20 CET 2012

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

 >> Is it possible (and if yes, how) to group some radio buttons
 >> so that only one of each group can be selected?
 >
 > Use a TRadioGroup or put the radiobuttons on a panel.
 > Hint: A Panel can become invisible with BevelOuter=bvNone.

I already read a bit about TRadioGroup. But it seems that this restricts
the physical location of the buttons on the form or am I wrong? I would
like to be able to place the radio buttons at arbitrary places on the form.

A panel seems to be doable but it's still awkward. Now the locations of
the radio buttons are located relative to the panel and I have to
rearrange them all. I thought that there is some logical grouping that
is independend from the visible location but it seems this does not exist.