[Lazarus] Grouping radio buttons

J├╝rgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Tue Mar 20 07:21:47 CET 2012

Hans-Peter Diettrich schrieb:
> I don't see how a user will recognize arbitrary radio button groups,
> with related buttons scattered across a form. Buttons in a panel or
> RadioGroupBox instead are naturally perceivable as related. Thus IMO
> the given model enforces a clearly structured GUI.
When writing "arbitrary" I did not mean to randomly scatter them over
the window. There can be multiple columns of radio buttons with text
between them or other arrangements. The same question could be asked
about TRadioButtons in general: Why can i put them *anywhere* although
they are correlated? No visible connection is needed in this case. But
it's only one group. No way to divide them into multiple groups. I would
have expected a simple group number property that lets me set the group
of some radio buttons to 1 and others to 2.