[Lazarus] Dropdown File list in Source Editor

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 07:36:35 CET 2012

On 19 March 2012 16:33, Vincent Snijders <vincent.snijders at ... wrote:

> Indeed, so clever, that -until you were told- you didn't notice the
> fact that the Lazarus developers didn't spend their time on creating
> their own tab control. :-)

You are not paying attention, dear Vincent. Some core Lazarus
developers have created custom controls. The LCL CustomControls should
be a drop-in replacement, should it not?? The IDE already uses some
custom IDE controls, so why would a few more be so wrong?

Using such custom controls should hopefully also stop developers like
myself hacking the LCL backend widgetsets to get features in the IDE -
because the all mighty "native API" doesn't support it. Long before
the IDE allowed you to set tab alignment for the source editor, I
hacked the LCL-GTK2 widgetset to give me right-aligned tabs.

> A smart decision indeed.

-1

  - Graeme -