[Lazarus] lazbuild build IDE profiles

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Mar 20 16:07:15 CET 2012

On 3/20/2012 04:26, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 23:50:49 -0400
> waldo kitty<wkitty42 at windstream.net>  wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> echo compiling lazarus...
>> cd %myLAZpath%
>> echo   * Debug IDE
>> make clean lazbuild
>> lazbuild.exe --build-ide="-gw -gl -godwarfsets -gh -gt -Co -Cr -Ci -Sa"
>> build-mode="debug ide"
>> copy /q lazarus.exe lazarus-debug.exe
>> echo   * Normal IDE
>> make clean lazbuild
>> lazbuild.exe --build-ide= build-mode="normal ide"
>> copy /q lazarus.exe lazarus-normal.exe
>> echo   * Optimized IDE
>> make clean lazbuild
>> lazbuild --build-ide="-O2 -g- -Xs" build-mode="optimized ide"
>> copy /q lazarus.exe lazarus-optimized.exe
>> echo lazarus compilation complete...
>>
>> i assume that the build-mode takes into account the defines in the named build
>> mode? and also the other widget type, target os, target cpu and etc??
>
> yes

i guess this answer covers the .bat file snippet as well as the question? if so,
i'm glad to finally have that bat file snippet done because i have been looking
at contributing my method to the wiki as one small way that i can give back to
the project... it has come a ways since the first one drawn off the wiki back
when i decided to go via the SVN... now i can simply type "updatelaz" and it
does all the cleaning, updating and compiling leaving me with a fresh and
sparkly new ide running at the end... if everything goes smoothly, of course ;)