[Lazarus] lazbuild build IDE profiles

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Mar 21 02:41:09 CET 2012

On 3/20/2012 18:26, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:18:20 -0400
> waldo kitty<wkitty42 at windstream.net>  wrote:

[...]
>> yeah, this still needs work on my part because
>>    1) it is recompiling lazbuild every time which should not be necessary
>
> You only need to build lazbuild once.

that's what i thought and have now scripted... build lazbuild once during the
update procedure...

>>    2) i don't need to pass those parameters in --build-ide because they are
>>       already in the --build-mode profile
>
> Yes.

yeah, i saw double and i think treble entries of those but at least one did not
have a leading space which lead to something like -dDEBUG-gw-whatever...

>>    3) command line error with --build-mode - requires leading dashes
>>
>> so, i'm down to this
>>
>> echo *******************************************************************************
>> echo *    Debug IDE
>> echo *******************************************************************************
>> lazbuild.exe --build-ide= --build-mode="debug ide"
>> copy lazarus.exe lazarus-debug.exe
>>

>> and i'm getting this...
>>
>> [...]
>> Compiling lazarus.pp
>> Fatal: Can't find unit Interfaces used by Lazarus
>> TExternalToolList.Run Exception: C:\freepascal\laz\ide\lazarus.pp(1,1) Fatal:
>> Can't find unit Interfaces used by Lazarus
>> ERROR: tool reported error
>>

>> "make clean" has been executed numerous times during this testing... my script
>> does a "make clean" before "svn up" but it is still done several times more...
>> so why is it not locating the Interfaces unit??
>
> Maybe some installed package.
>
> Compile with -vut to find out.

that would be added to the --build-ide= parameter? that's what i'm going to try
right now... it takes "a while" to complete... will post back what it turns up...