[Lazarus] Size of binaries etc.

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:49:05 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting, but unfortunately it seems LCL-CustomDrawn is still far
> from real-world usage, so I don't think it can be counted (yet). From
> what I have read, it doesn't seem feature complete or stable. eg: just
> dropping a TLabel on a TForm, gives me an instant crash at runtime.

For me it works, strange. But I always use Mageia, never Ubuntu,
probably LazFreeType failled to find the fonts in your system.

Could you show me the output of "locate .ttf" ? (a stripped down
version ideally with each dir occuring only once)

> Either way, interesting none the less. Just a quick glans at the
> LCL-CustomDrawn text code. It seems like a Object Pascal
> implementation of the FreeType library. Correct? Who did that work?
> And how up to date is it with the actual FreeType library? Are all
> FreeType library features implemented? glyph vector data extraction,
> bitmap fonts, anti-alias hinting, kerning, text rotation etc..

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/LazFreeType

Yes, it is a modification of the original FreeType written in Pascal.

circular from the forum wrote everything so I have no idea about your
questions. You can ask the questions again in the LazUtils section of
the forum and maybe he will answer:
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/board,53.0.html

> Depending on the license, I might just take a look at that code too. ;-)

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/LazFreeType#License

There are no restrictions, but want credits. Maybe I'll implement a
--credits command line option and consider it fullfilled.
LCL-CustomDrawn-Android currently uses native text, so is unaffected
by this requirement.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho